There are millions of items to choose from when it comes to the holidays. We are bombarded by ads and choices. The ads can overload our senses. People often choose to give the gift of health for the holidays so that they can start the new year with an action plan to get into shape or to stay on a healthy path. Whether buying for yourself, friends, or family, you can select from some of these holiday gift ideas for a healthy new year.
Holiday Gift Ideas for a Healthy New Year
- Insomnia is often an ongoing or recurrent concern for many people. Sleeping pills become habit forming. The ancient science of Ayurveda advises that putting herbal oil on the soles of the feet and scalp helps provide restful sleep. There are also non habit forming herbal supplements to give you a good night’s sleep. Using both together will help put you into a deep slumber.
- Another method to improve your sleep is to use a diffuser in your bedroom. Essential oil diffusers alleviate stress, improve our energy, and improve respiration, to name just a few benefits. You can buy a diffuser with holiday themed essential oils.
- Despite healthy diets, we still ingest toxins by using the wrong cookware. Certain non-sticks create cancer. Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. The safest cookware for stoves is ceramic and cast iron. Green Pan Ceramic cookware is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead and cadmium – the dangerous materials found in other types of cookware. You can also use various sizes of cast iron skillets in your daily cooking.
- One way to remove allergens, promote sleep and naturally ionize your air is to use Himalayan salt lamps. They are made from naturally mined pink Himalayan salt. Additionally, these lamps also add a festive decor to any room.
- If you or a loved one have asthma, allergies, asthma, mold, dust or smoke in your homes or offices, invest in an air purifier. Some top rated brands are: Germ Guardian for your home or office, BlueAir for allergies, IQ Air which is medical grade, and the Austin air purifier.
- We often overindulge during the holidays, with holiday travel and parties. After the holidays, you may want to do a cleanse. Here is a kit designed for a gentle cleanse which you can easily do at home.
- One way to relax and get healthier skin is with the use of body oils. Oils can penetrate into the deeper tissues where stiffness and dryness originate. Try the Weleda brand kit of sustainable, environmentally friendly, natural oils.
- Essential oils have specific properties that impact our emotions and our physical bodies. You can use a whole body healing kit of essential oils. They can be diffused or applied topically. See which one is your favorite.
- One important way to make sure we keep ourselves healthy is to use safe hair products. Often our shampoos and conditioners create artificial ingredients and even toxins which enter our bodies via our scalp. Use locally made, organic Innersense Beauty hair products to keep your hair luxurious and in top glowing condition.
These are some holiday gift ideas for a healthy new year. You can use them at anytime for yourself or others. Here’s to a healthy, happy, and harmonious 2019!
Also published on Medium.